Young, old, male or female, it doesn’t matter. At some point in life, almost everyone in life has suffered from earaches. Each time your ear starts to hurt, you don’t have to run to the nearby hospital or visit a doctor.
Try one of these earache home remedies to get a quick and instant relief instead. Here are some of them.
- Put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide onto your aching ear. If the pain is caused by wax buildup, the peroxide will clear it. If it’s caused by an infection, the peroxide will still work if it’s not too late.
- A few drops of slightly warmed olive oil onto your ears can soothe the pain.
- Place a slightly warm, moist cloth over your affected ear. The warmth from the cloth will be soothing to your ears.
- Chew gum. You don’t need anything fancy — any gum will do. The chewing helps release some of the pressure and pain caused by the infection in your ear.
- Open your Eustachian tubes and drain them of blockage. Among all earache home remedies, this is actually the easiest to do. You do not need surgery to do this. Simply prop your head up while you sleep, yawn to make the muscles that open up the tubes contract, or take a warm shower. Warm showers help because the steam can help soften and break up earwax buildup.
Earache home remedies are extremely cheap, easy and safer to use when compared to medicines and alternatives recommended by your doctor. Any of the 5 remedies above can help soothe the pain and get rid of earache for good.